Overview: Communications Manager job vacancy in Essex recruiting now
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager to join our team based in Gilwell Park. We will offer you a competitive salary of £36,712 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting
This role is Hybrid and you will be expected to attend the office once a week with some flexibilty.
Right across the UK, we re helping young people gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright. Scouts is the place to be yourself and find yourself.
We re Scouts and everyone s welcome here – all genders, races and backgrounds. We give over (phone number removed) year olds the skills they need for school, college, university, the job interview: the skills they need for life.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a highly successful organisation. We invest in people and we have the Gold Standard Award to show how much we value our Employees.
The team culture is super collaborative, supportive and fun. Everyone are encouraged to try stuff, test stuff, and see what works, and are always encouraged to think outside the box.
The Communications Manager Role:
Your role will be to lead, deliver and evaluate proactive communications using Scouts channels for volunteers, members, and staff to support the Skills for Life strategy and the brand. You listen to and influence the Movement to help achieve the strategic goals of making Scouts more youth-shaped and inclusive, growing our membership and positively impacting communities.
Key responsibilities as our Communications Manager:
– Work with the Creative Content Team, specifically with the Video Content Producer
– Lead and deliver communications strategies informed by change management methodologies
– Analyse and evaluate content performance and audience feedback
– Create clear, easy-to-understand content that reflects the Scout brand and values
– Lead the development of targeted, personalised campaigns using software such as Compass
– Drive collaboration across directorates and with senior stakeholders
– Be a subject matter expert advising senior colleagues and senior volunteers on communications, including for complex issues
– Create effective briefings from senior stakeholders for internal audiences
– Structure and deliver consultations across the Scouts working with project or programme leads
– Provide guidance and support to volunteers delivering their own communications locally with best practice advice, training, and tools
What we are looking for in our Communications Manager:
– Experience in managing personal data in a GDPR-compliant way within marketing or internal communication platforms
– Demonstrable experience devising, delivering and evaluating large communications campaigns
– Track record of advising and influencing senior colleagues and stakeholders on communications
– A subject expert in the role of internal communications to deliver an organisation s strategic goals and transformation
– Able to write and edit copy for different audiences and create content for different channels
– Ability to champion the audience’s needs and to use them to create alignment with colleagues
– Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships with a diverse range of people
What we can offer you as our Communications Manager:
– 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years service and 32 days after 5 years service
– Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
– Life Assurance
– Simply Health Scheme
– Generous Pension Scheme
– Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer
– Up to four personal days paid leave a year
– Maternity/Paternity Leave
– Childcare Vouchers
– Flexible working hours
– Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
– Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Monday 29th August 2022 at 23:59
Don t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click Apply now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Communications Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Communications Manager job vacancy in Essex with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Communications Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.