Overview: Cloud Engineer job vacancy in Midlothian recruiting now
Employer: GlobalLogic UK&I
Location: Midlothian, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company. Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering.
As a Cloud Engineer you’ll engage with senior stakeholders as well leading roadmap development and design of business architecture solutions across multiple teams covering a range of Cloud and associated technologies. Migrating business technology capability into the cloud adaptability.
We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise – we help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies build the exceptional and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
This role is based in our UK&I region.
About the role:
- Contribute to and provide leadership qualities in the development and deployment of Cloud technologies with focus in at least one area of subject matter expertise.
- Work individually and as part of a team to carry out end-to-end implementation of Cloud based technologies (public, private and hybrid).
- Undertake Cloud based solutions activities driving architecture, process and management best practice.
- Identify risks within major designs and direct follow up remediation activities.
- Advise and assist clients in developing Cloud technology roadmaps.
- Regularly undertake complex and/or critical consultative engagements, to a senior management level.
- Confidently scope complex and critical projects as well as (high level and detailed) deliverables.
About you (ideally):
Hands on experience with either:-
- Deploying/Managing Azure and/or Designing/Architecting Azure solutions
- Experience with Azure Devops (or similar CI/CD tooling)
- Experience with IAC (Terraform or ARM)
- Work in an agile, collaborative manor and be adaptable to changing scenarios.
- Ability to challenge the ideas and solutions of others respectfully and accept criticism.
- Strong experience deploying Infrastructure-as-Code eg CloudFormation and/or Troposphere in an enterprise environment.
- Architectural design and deployment skills for enterprise Cloud technologies (public, private and hybrid) into complex environments.
- Excellent knowledge of high availability and backup/recovery solutions.
- Excellent technical design, performance improvement and service alignment skills.
- Experience around business critical and business continuity solutions.
Ideally you will have one or more of the Associate’ level Azure certs, eg
- Azure Security operations Analyst Associate
- Azure Developer Associate
- Azure Security engineer Associate
- Azure Administrator Associate
Also a nice to have is
- Azure DevOps Engineer expert
- Azure Cybersecurity architect expert
- Azure Solutions architect expert
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You’ll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
Why work at GlobalLogic.
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering our people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences – providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region also supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by our business, customer and individual needs.
You’ll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), and discounted gym memberships. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day – so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Cloud Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Cloud Engineer job vacancy in Midlothian with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Cloud Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.