Overview: Chief Technical Editor job vacancy in Gloucestershire recruiting now
Employer: First Military Recruitment
Location: Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
JS353 Chief Technical EditorLocation: GloucesterSalary: £50,000 – £60,000 + BenefitsFirst Military Recruitment are working with one of our prestigious clients in the search for an Chief Technical Editor.Our client has driven a sea change in the quality of educational materials for aspiring airline pilots. Their ATPL(A) books are used throughout the world by more than 100 ATOs and countless individuals. As part of their continuing expansion programme they’re looking for a chief technical editor to assume responsibility for maintaining the exceptionally high standard of their publications and raising them to even higher levels of excellence.The role demands someone with extensive professional aviation experience as a pilot. Above all, we’re looking for someone with strong evidence of a broad, enquiring, technically curious mind.As technical editor you will report directly to the Chief Executive.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining, curating and improving their extensive collection of published books, classroom teaching slides and question databases.
- Analysing, evaluating and responding to technical queries from students and instructors.
- Commissioning new content, when appropriate, from subject matter experts.
- Writing new content, when appropriate, across a broad range of ATPL subjects.
- Editing content for style, grammar, ease of reading, teaching flow, technical accuracy and relevance.
- Keeping abreast of technical and operational developments in commercial aviation.
- Keeping abreast of developments in educational best practice.
- Conceiving and commissioning current and new forms of teaching aids to improve understanding.
- Advising the CEO on all matters pertaining to the development of educational products and services for aspiring pilots.
Skills and Experiences:
- Have an exceptionally high standard of fluency and competence in spoken and written English.
- Be highly computer-literate.
- Possess a very high level of self-discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness and perfectionism.
- Hold, or have held, an ATPL with at least 1500 hours professional operational experience.
- Have a broad grasp of the entire range of ATPL subjects.
- Have a strong, instinctive passion for education.
- Be a self-motivator, able to work to the very highest standards without supervision.
- Have strong team leadership skills.
- Be willing and able to work full-time at our Gloucester offices.
Location: GloucesterSalary: £50,000 – £60,000 + Benefits
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Chief Technical Editor job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Chief Technical Editor job vacancy in Gloucestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Chief Technical Editor job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.