Overview: Business Solutions Analyst job vacancy in Birmingham recruiting now
Employer: National Express
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Join us on the Journey…
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Business Solutions Analyst role. The successful candidate will develop and implement business change to ensure that services and systems are delivered in line with the overall business strategy. Carry out business analysis activities to support the delivery of key projects and systems development in line with the UK Strategy.
This is a fast-paced business-facing role to manage the business analysis, functional design, prototyping and implementation of Business Change for the UK.What you’ll do…
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges within key programs of change.
- Understands customer requirements and delivers viable options and solutions achieving key success criteria.
- Assists the business in both preparing outline systems requirements as well as appropriate business case definitions
- Compiles reviews and edits requirements, specifications, and business processes related to a proposed solution. Focuses output documents for relevant audiences.
- Generates solutions analyses such as gap analyses, business process modelling (As Is and To Be) and migration strategies.
- In collaboration with the assigned Product Owner/Project Manager and business stakeholders, develops functional specifications and system design specifications for user & stakeholder engagement. Collaborating with offshore development teams to ensure requirements can be developed.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules, manages resources in accordance with the schedule.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with the Business, Supplier, Test Manager, Product Owner / Project Manager, Project sponsor and Architecture teams, to ensure appropriate deliverables are undertaken. Where relevant, may support development of test strategy or scripts.
- May be asked to create and or evaluate training materials; may be asked to deliver in-house training
- Ensure that the operational handover is provided and accepted by those parties responsible for day to day operation.
- Works with personnel to identify required changes, evaluates requirements in context, and communicates needed changes to the development team.
- Actively engages business stakeholders and line staff in thorough process understanding.
- Coordinate and articulate key Risks and estimated costs at the scoping stage.
- Conduct workshops to gather and translate business requirements into functional specifications, enabling initiation of a request into a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Release Management -Ensuring that testing/release of new software into the production environment is carried out.
- Transition Management – Is accountable for the operational Support handover documentation.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand problems and express the complexity of them in clear terms to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver quality outputs in a fast paced environment with an aptitude for multi-tasking, working to emerging & tight timelines.
- Experience working with suppliers and internal development teams through the development of applications.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate…
- Ability to manage ambiguity, set a direction and works with the business to come to decisions.
- Understands the importance of potential Business/ Culture change with respect to IT System change.
- Commercial and business awareness: can translate business requirements into IT activities and also has the ability to explain complex issues in terms which can be easily understood by business users.
- Ability to work under pressure also actively identifies and uses key learning points from daily activities to increase effectiveness.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, problem solving, planning, verbal and written skills, coupled with robust communication and facilitation acumen.
- Experience working with suppliers and internal / external development teams through the development of applications.
- Inspires confidence in colleagues to collect information, facilitate buy-in, and deliver business goals.
- Strategies for information acquisition, both one-on-one and in Workshop settings.
- Is Able to adopt both strategic and operational approaches with ease.
- Formal Business Analyst diploma qualification desirable.
- Good understanding of application /development concepts with a keen interest in customer centric user experience and user journeys.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Understanding of working in an agile environment and associated terminology.
- Understanding of working in a Waterfall environment and associated terminology.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as…
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note…
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Solutions Analyst job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Solutions Analyst job vacancy in Birmingham with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Solutions Analyst job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.