Overview: Business Intelligence Developer job vacancy in Aberdeen recruiting now
Employer: NES Fircroft
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client is looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer to join our IT team based in Aberdeen, U.K.
Main purpose of the role:
Developing and maintaining Power BI reports as per design governance, ensuring consistency in theme, design and visualisations is achieved to deliver a meaningful report. Experience working with big data models in Power BI or tabular would be advantage.
- Understanding current IT and data landscape, gathering reporting needs from the business, communicating recommendations and solutions.
- Utilising TSQL, AAS and Power BI skills to interpretate the data model and create dax measures when required, switching between technical and business friendly terminology to suit the audience
- Writing complex dax measures and making recommendations to achieve the business brief while creating best practice data schema’s to store the transformed data
- Prioritising work to support a range of Power BI and data queries and troubleshooting
- Collaborating closely with Data Engineers, discussing solutions and troubleshooting data
- Complying with IT PMO process ensuring completed tollgate documentation and obtained approvals
- Ensuring high quality documentation is created and maintained to reference the data logic and transformation undertaken
- Proactively share new ideas and innovative solutions to enhance the Data Science process and service offering
- Prioritising internal and external requests, ensuring delivered work meets a high standard and is aligned with Data Science strategy
- Complying with Data Science governance and change management process
Skills & Experience:
- Reporting Tools, Power BI / Tableau (moderate/advance level)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Analysis Services (advantageous)
- Power Automate and Power Apps
- TSQL (advantageous)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft BI product stack (SSIS, SSMS, and SSRS)
- Azure knowledge (desirable)
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Intelligence Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Intelligence Developer job vacancy in Aberdeen with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Intelligence Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.