Overview: Business Intelligence / BI Manager job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: CCR Recruitment & Selection
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Role: Business Intelligence Manager
Location: London/South East – Hybrid Working
Salary Range: £70,000 Plus Excellent Bonus & Benefits Package
Lead on the continued development of Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics to enable the business to make timely and effective decisions that support excellent customer service and operational effectiveness.
Produce quality analysis identifying opportunities for performance improvement and efficiencies. Support the development of strategic business and workforce planning.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead on the continued implementation of the group BI Strategy and Roadmap and delivery of key outcomes including:
- Centralised source of truth
- Automated and self-service reporting through Power BI
- Data hungry culture
- Establishment of a BI centre of excellence
- Develop and provide quality reporting and analysis to help shape and monitor execution of business strategy, including:
o Financial performance
o Business development
o Customer experience
o Operational effectiveness
o People analytics
- Develop and provide quality performance reporting and analysis for client accounts that supports account management and delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Effectively use statistical tools, data modelling, visualisations and narrative to identify and present / ‘story-tell meaningful trends to different audiences. Account for variances, highlight exceptions, risks and opportunities, and make recommendations to inform strategic and operational decision making.
- Develop, document and ensure adherence to corporate reporting standards and processes. Ensure outputs are presented professionally in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Drive best practice data governance including data quality and assurance standards and processes
- Develop BI / analytical capability within the Strategy & Governance team and wider business through training and knowledge-transfer. Support the development of an insight-driven, data literate corporate culture.
- Represent the team / business on IT and other projects as required.
- This role requires the management of staff in a line management capacity and indirectly as part of a project team including external resource.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with senior internal stakeholders, subject matter experts and external clients.
- Ensure data is handled ethically and all processes are undertaken in compliance with company policy, internal controls, data protection legislation and relevant national / industry standards.
- Identify opportunities through which to deliver process efficiency / improvement and develop business proposals through which to communicate and deliver the change.
- Qualification (preferably in a statistical/analytical discipline) or equivalent experience
- Substantial experience of using Power BI for enterprise reporting
- Experience of performance management and analysis including the design and development of performance management systems to support achievement of organisational goals
- Experience of working with the Microsoft Azure stack, experience with Azure Synapse would be preferential
- Experience of using statistical and analytical tools
- Experience of successfully managing change
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders (Board/Exec level) and clients
- Experience of improving data quality and assurance
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to consider challenges in the context of organisation goals
- Sourcing, accessing and manipulating data and engineering data processes
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including the use of both statistical tools and technology for analysis
- Data visualisation and storytelling
- Ability to identify trends, account for variances and highlight exceptions, risks and opportunities
- Ability to produce reports and analysis in a suitable and concise language to the highest of standards with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own work and others to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate and pre-empt changing requirements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Creative about solutions and the ability to deliver improvements
- Ability to think ‘outside the box
- Excellent communication skills in all formats (oral, written, presentation etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across multiple professional disciplines
- Managing staff either directly and / or as part of project teams
- Developing others through training and knowledge transfer
- Excellent working knowledge of Power BI, SQL, DAX & ETL Tools
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Platform and Products
- Knowledge of best practice performance management, statistical and analytical tools
- Knowledge of information governance, data protection, freedom of information, transparency and confidentiality issues and relevant national / industry data standards
- Understanding of the design and management of BI environments in Azure
- Working knowledge of Azure Pipelines / Microsoft Synapse desirable
- Existing knowledge of Service Now and Salesforce would be beneficial but is not an essential requirement for the role
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Intelligence / BI Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Intelligence / BI Manager job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Intelligence / BI Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.