Job Title: Business Development Senior Manager – PIPE
Employer: Boston Consulting Group
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 22261BR
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Business Development Senior Manager within BCG’s Principal Investors and Private Equity (PIPE) Practice Area (PA), you will work closely with the regional Sector directors, as well as Regional leaders and their leadership teams in development and growth of the practice area and shaping and orchestrating its commercial agenda. Particular focus will be on the EMESA Region. You will also collaborate closely with the rest of the PA management and operations team and Knowledge Team; as well as other global and regional BCG teams, as needed.
More specifically, activities will include but are not limited to:
- Business development: Support leadership in market sensing, business development planning and tracking, including aligning on priority clients and offerings. Identify key BD initiatives and commercial opportunities, manage their execution, and report on revenue and lead flow.
- Go-to-market: Actively drive commercialization of key offerings in close collaboration with our Portfolio Value Acceleration and Product teams and consulting teams, as well as Functional and Industry Practices. Create go-to-market materials, ensuring Managing Directors and Partners (MDPs) have full access to relevant commercial materials.
- Competitive intelligence: Gather and analyze information on differentiating IP, business models and offerings of key competitors. Develop recommendations on commercial approach and IP development and design implementation plan.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Build strong linkages to relevant teams across PIPE and inFunctional and Industry Practices and align on Topic/Sector priorities and specific go-to-market plans (incl. customized content needed, specific campaigns, priority clients).
- Setting up and leading internal processes related to data flows and reporting, involving multiple functions and databases
As part of the Business Development BCG community, you will work closely with your sector teams, but also with your BD manager colleagues and contribute to the testing / refining and exchange of best practices across the community.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Self-starting with a strong worth ethic, entrepreneurial drive to work autonomously and in a multinational team
- Earning the respect of a very senior cohort, all Managing Directors, that are remotely located, juggling the various priorities and viewpoints of the Leadership Team members, showing influence to compile inputs and opinions from the Leadership Team members, while still meeting demanding deadlines
- Operating effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to prioritize and make decisions, managing ambiguity with a high level of comfort
- Complex project management with the ability to multi-task and drive advanced strategic analysis (beyond data) and leverage results for impact
- Working closely with the Knowledge Team to align regional and topic / sector priorities; exchange on content and client activities and help drive broader KT network and product / service portfolio, supporting knowledge management and knowledge curation
- Executing budget monitoring; managing the advancement and commercialization of the topic / sector, supporting road shows or client events where necessary; tracking impact
- Leading others, including senior business leaders in clarifying problems and developing solutions by building cross-topic/sector partnerships – building consensus, persuading and influencing.
- Motivating others to deliver highest standards, providing direction, mentoring and coaching.
- Supporting business development initiatives, including priority proposals and selling materials, in partnership with ECT and KT team
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- BCG experience preferred, ideally in Sector/BD Management or on the Consulting Team (equivalent to Project Leader)
- Role related certifications preferred
- Ability to manage and drive area of accountabilities, contributing to higher level agenda setting
- Ability to lead more complex, broader sub functional teams or projects fully independently and provide direction to others
- Ability to resolve complex issues and non-defined problems autonomously, with full business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills, credibility
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to respect sensitive client, BCG, and people related information as personal and confidential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team collaboration skillset
- Advanced knowledge in Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel; additionally, Tableau and Alteryx would be a plus
The Business Development Manager works closely with the regional Sector directors/managers, as well as Regional leaders and their leadership teams for setting and executing the commercial agenda. For daily business, the candidate collaborates closely with other Sector and Regional Managers, Practice Area Coordinators, Marketers and Knowledge Experts as well as their peers from adjacent practices. Further collaboration with other global and regional BCG teams occurs as needed.
Practice Area Management & Operations team members keep BCG’s industry and functional practice areas operating responsively and efficiently. As a member of this team, you will contribute directly to the success of our business through a number of roles, including content development, process management, marketing, meeting and conference management, and internal/external communications.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Development Senior Manager – PIPE job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Development Senior Manager – PIPE job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Development Senior Manager – PIPE job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.