Job Title: Business Development & Partnerships Director
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 10826_5ff92911d4193ceb9b548af9ff656226
Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading products as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. We actively participate in the development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments, partnerships, and incubation of projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated multiple crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. Read more here.
Business Development at Wintermute
We are looking for a Business Development & Partnerships Director to work in our London office, someone who will continue our ambitious expansion in the region. We are looking for someone who knows the UK financial services markets both from a traditional finance and digital assets perspective. You will be responsible for building new as well as growing Wintermute’s existing businesses globally.
You will own opportunities in the region from end to end and develop your own strategic growth plan, while also getting advice and guidance from the team. We have the best liquidity products in the market, we work with many of the most prominent blockchain projects, we have many strategic growth opportunities in the pipeline, and a long line of counterparties wanting to develop relationships with us. We have no legacy processes, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals, yet the highest standards of professionalism.
- Grow institutional OTC business globally- this includes developing and executing your own growth plan in the region where you will be responsible for.
- Work closely with other teams to bring new products (e.g. new derivatives products) to the market, this includes collecting customer feedback, testing products, launch plans, etc
- Grow the crypto project Liquidity provision business – deepen and build relationships with high profile projects in the region, as well as local VCs and other important ecosystem players
- Growth partner relationships with important partners such as exchanges, custodians, lenders and other infrastructure providers
- Execute a structured business development process and work with the teams to further improve operational efficiency (e.g. CRM, effectiveness of campaigns, etc)
- Keep track of key launches and news in the crypto eco-system and proactively identify cooperation and business development opportunities
Hard Skills Requirements:
- Experience in both traditional financial and digital assets services from high performing teams.
- 3+ years of FICC sales experience (voice or electronic), working with institutional clients
- eCommerce experience would also be advantageous.
- Experience with spot and derivatives OTC products, especially options is required.
- Experience in business development, partnerships or any client-facing role (B2B sales, investment banking, etc)
- Experience delivering business results – be ready to talk about numbers/quota achievement, etc
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; the role is more around providing education to counterparties about our services rather than a standard sales pitch. Therefore it’s important to come across convincing, concise, precise and a good listener whilst also being clear on the next steps as well as ensuring timely follow ups.
- Trading knowledge or crypto knowledge – is a strong advantage; willingness, aptitude and curiosity to understand the fundamentals of blockchain technologies, algorithmic trading and Liquidity provision is crucial
- BSc/MSc in Business/Economics/Finance or any related degree
Join our dynamic team and benefit from:
- Working at one of the most innovative trading firms globally.
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibilities and ownership compared to traditional finance environments.
- A vibrant working culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute weekend getaway.
- A Wintermute-inspired office in central London, featuring an array of amenities such as table tennis and foosball, personalized desk configurations, a cozy team breakout area with games and free food.
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional with a startup vibe, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- A performance-based compensation with a significant earning potential alongside standard perks like pension and private Health insurance.
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation
Find out more:
- View our open positions
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Development & Partnerships Director job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Development & Partnerships Director job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Development & Partnerships Director job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.