Job Title: Business Development Manager – 3PL Logistics & Warehousing
Employer: Martin Veasey Talent Solutions
Location: North, United Kingdom
Salary: DOE + Executive Car, Bonus + Benefi
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 221064256
Business Development Manager – 3PL Logistics & Warehousing
“New role within long established 3PL, entering a period of growth and expansion in its specialised and unique palletised freight national network, and warehousing operation.”
Very Competitive DOE + Bonus/Commission + Executive Car + Benefits
National Field Based Role – Company HQ in South West. Proximity to M5/M6, M1, M40, M3, M4 ideal
Are you a dynamic and ambitious sales professional looking to make your mark in a fast-growing logistics and warehousing business? Our client is a family-owned 3PL company based in the South West has several profitable and expanding elements including a specialised Pallet Network, Full-Service Warehousing across a number of locations and a new e-fulfilment unit.
The Pallet Network business has a proven track record in next day to any UK address delivering out-of-gauge, damage-sensitive pallet freight, kerbside to domestic and commercial addresses. The Warehousing is currently expanding and the business will be investing in new capacity to support projected demand.
With a growing portfolio of customers in the fast-growing renewables / solar / energy storage sector, plus building products, rail, automotive, and e-commerce sectors, as a result of retirement, they are now seeking a talented and motivated Business Development Manager to join their team to lead the next phase of growth and expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the recently appointed Managing Director, as the Business Development Manager, you will be pivotal in driving the business forward. You will be part of the Leadership Team as the business targets significant growth of the back of a firm financial and operational position. With a focus on new business development and account management, you will be responsible for expanding the customer base and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients. Using your expertise in sales and networking, you will engage in direct sales activities and generate leads in their current sectors and new markets. Our client is seeking an individual with both strong strategic capabilities, a tactical winning sales focus. A working knowledge of implementing successful marketing campaigns would be a big bonus. As part of the strategy for national salesm new business development and account management, you will act as “player coach”, initially as an individual contributor who, as the business expands builds and manages a team of sales and business development executives as part of our client’s ambitious growth plans.
Our client has built their reputation on providing tailored solutions. So, in this role, you and your future team can flex your commercial muscles to develop and sell new offerings, particularly in specialist pallet freight, storage, e-fulfilment, and reverse/return logistics. With depots strategically located in the South West, West Midlands, East Anglia, and Yorkshire, and partners in Scotland, Ireland, South East, this national role would suit someone located centrally but with close proximity to major motorway networks ensuring easy access to customers throughout the UK.
- Design and execute a strategic sales plan for specialised palletised freight and warehousing solutions to meet revenue goals.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with the existing client base, focusing on expansion and customer retention.
- Identify potential new clients and decision makers building working relationships to secure new business in line with the company strategic growth plan. Secure new business in line with the company growth plan.
- Lead the development of new sales by identifying and targeting potential customers in existing and new sectors.
- Engage in lead-generation and direct sales activities to generate leads and secure new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and sell innovative solutions in storage and logistics.
- Act as a brand ambassador, representing our client in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Proven sales and new business development experience in Logistics / Palletised Freight Sales, ideally Pallet Network.
- Experience of selling warehousing, storage and value-added solutions is preferable.
- Existing experience of operating as both an individual contributor and also player coaching building and leading a business development team.
- Experience of selling “ugly freight” solutions is ideal but not essential (our client can teach you the complexity of ugly freight, they are the experts!)
- Expertise in sourcing new and repeat business for the network including back hauling and full loads via freight exchange and pallet networks.
- A track record of successfully achieving targets and driving business growth.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Strong IT literacy skills including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness to travel nationally and work independently.
If you are a results-oriented professional looking to join a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. Email your CV, quoting reference LX (phone number removed) or call us on (phone number removed).
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Development Manager – 3PL Logistics & Warehousing job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Development Manager – 3PL Logistics & Warehousing job vacancy in North with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Development Manager – 3PL Logistics & Warehousing job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.