Overview: Business Development and Strategy Manager job vacancy in Birmingham recruiting now
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Business Development and Strategy Manager to join our team. We can offer home-working, with domestic and international travel as required.
Salary up to £70,000 per annum
Location: UK-based, with domestic and international travel as required
Reporting to the Business Development Director, and sitting within the BD team for UPE, this role affords the holder significant opportunity to contribute to the inorganic growth of the division through helping to win new partnerships and supporting current partners with new strategic initiatives. The role includes supporting the framing and evaluation of UPE’s strategic options, market-scanning and opportunity identification, networking and outreach, as well as contributing to early-stage partner discussions, business plan preparation, and project management through to contract stage.
The role holder will add value to the current, very strong, UK and mainland Europe BD pipeline, through an understanding and ability to communicate strategic opportunities, and the skills to build credible and winning relationships with new and existing university partners and key colleagues across the division.
The Business Development and Strategy Manager will have a highly commercial outlook, as well as an understanding and keen interest in the current issues and shifts in the domestic and international Higher Education markets.
Business Development and Strategy Manager Duties:
* Build a process for market scanning in order to ensure new opportunities are identified and considered.
* Carry out initial high-level analysis of opportunities, supported by the BD Director and wider team.
* Contribute to the team with new opportunities and support in framing and prioritising them.
* Attend and contribute to new partner conversations.
* Attend current partner conversation where new strategic initiatives are being considered.
* Support in early-stage planning and project management of new initiatives.
* First stage business plan writing.
* Support in writing tenders.
Business Development and Strategy Manager Requirements:
* Financially literate with a highly commercial outlook
* Ability to forge credible and authentic relationships within and outside the organisation, at multiple levels.
* Experience in evaluating opportunities against commercial and strategic criteria.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience in business plan writing.
* An understanding of the domestic and international HE sector and keen interest in the issues which affect it.
* A willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%.
* Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
* A high degree of cultural sensitivity and awareness.
* Experience of writing tender documents, particularly within the HE sector.
* Sales and/or marketing experience in the HE sector.
* Project management experience.
* Experience of using and interpreting financial models.
* Microsoft office skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
About the Company:
Navitas is one of the world’s largest and most successful education providers, offering life-changing study opportunities to tens of thousands of students and professionals every year. With 120 institutions in 31 countries and thousands of staff based throughout the world, Navitas is a truly global entity and provides outstanding career opportunities to ambitious, talented and motivated people.
If you think that you are suitable for this Business Development and Strategy Manager role, please apply now!
Closing date: 5/7/22.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Development and Strategy Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Development and Strategy Manager job vacancy in Birmingham with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Development and Strategy Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.