Overview: Business Analyst job vacancy in Berkshire recruiting now
Employer: EllisKnight International Recruitment
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Business Analyst required for a technology business in the UK with key clients in North America.
This role is fully remote, but working as part of a team.
The responsibility of a Business Analyst is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business applications of Editorial and Delivery Systems Group of Publication Division s Pubs IT group.
The core duties include gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. He/she uses proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments. The Business Systems Analyst is an experienced professional who is capable of acquiring and translating requirements that serve as an input to design and implementation of applications. She or he may be required to develop test strategy, plans and conduct testing of applications.
This position requires the ability to work independently and take initiative while working effectively as a senior member of a project team.
Works under managerial direction. Works with established practices of the organization and the professional discipline and experience to guide actions. Performs in-depth analyses and interpretation of non-routine problems.
• Facilitate design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
• Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome.
• Conduct research on software and hardware products to make recommendations.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
• Assist in project planning and provide business systems analysis on front end of projects.
• Develop effective business and technical designs for new applications based on business unit requirements.
• Coordinate the technical activities of a development team following the direction of a project manager if one is assigned.
• Understand relationships between applications within the Software Engineering Department portfolio.
• Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis of business function, software design, specifications development, software development, prototyping, user-feedback sessions, testing, documentation, ongoing maintenance, adding functionality and planning for redesign or transition to another platform.
• Perform in depth application testing and integrate quality into all work.
• Troubleshoot problems in development, staging and production environments.
• Regularly communicate development status to project managers and other interested parties.
Must have a bachelor s degree or equivalent experience, may have an advanced degree.
5+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
Strong analytical skills, data modelling and logical database design with Erwin or equivalent data modelling tool, Microsoft Office, knowledge of SDLC, process modelling, UML, Visio or equivalent modelling tool.
Familiarity and experience with screen mock-ups, prototyping, and wireframes.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Business Analyst job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Business Analyst job vacancy in Berkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Business Analyst job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.