Overview: Broadcast Systems Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Discovery Communications
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity for a Broadcast Contribution Engineer has been created with Warner Bros. Discovery to drive the delivery of premium sports content for Eurosport and Warner Bros. Discovery channels and digital platforms. Working on our Olympics roadmap for Paris 2024 as well as all other major sports rights across EMEA the role is key to the success of high profile projects and offers the opportunity to work with some of the best professionals in the business.
Contribution Engineering is a small team of engineers whose responsibilities encompass the design and installation of all contribution technology across the EMEA region. The department is also responsible for contribution across the group, into and between key sites both for business as usual operations and major live sporting events.
The primary purpose of the position is to help build and where necessary run the contribution platforms needed to deliver Warner Bros.Discovery s expanding portfolio of sports rights. Working with existing systems and designing new ones the role demands strategic thinking, determination and the ability to champion new technologies and workflows where appropriate at senior levels.
Working closely with the Warner Bros. Discovery Sports and Olympic teams the Contribution Engineer will play a key role in delivering the Paris 2024 Olympics across Europe as well as the technology choices and workflow design.
In order to do so the role requires close co-operation with home based teams across Europe and an in-depth understanding of the technical situation at each site as well as the centralised Tech Hubs in London and Hilversum, both operating with SMPTE 2110 workflows.
A key part of the Olympics role is supporting and establishing the international connectivity into the Warner Bros. Discovery core network, therefore experience with international high bandwidth TV service delivery would be an advantage.
The position is a hybrid role with up to 3 days a week in the office and is based in Chiswick Park, London. European travel is expected.
- Design and implement contribution compression systems located at various Warner Bros. Discovery and Eurosport locations.
- Liaise with the Warner Bros. Discovery Sports, Olympic and other internal project teams to deliver on future projects and services
- Champion the benefits of new innovative contribution technology to all relevant parts of the business
- Assist with management of third party suppliers and their implementation of projects and upgrades on our behalf, ensuring requirements are clear, SLAs are met and adhered to and risk mitigated.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies and equipment.
- Create and update system documentation.
- Design, propose cost technical solutions and implement them.
- Work collaboratively with and direct hired-in technical and engineering contractors.
- Provide specialist technical support and information to other departments.
- Educated to degree level or with proven experience in a broadcast environment, the applicant should be a broadcast or network engineer with relevant experience
- Experience of working on major sporting events and willing to work flexibly
- Ability to build relationships within and across departments
- Thorough knowledge of current, commonly used compression standards.
- An in-depth knowledge of broadcast video signal chains and PCM, Dolby D/E audio workflows
- Practical experience of broadcast facility installation practices and procedures.
- Planning and design of optimal systems and rack layouts for system installations.
- Self-motivation and the ability to advance projects without supervision are essential.
- The ability to deal with multiple workflows and to identify and prioritise their responsibilities in a changing environment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with and meet a wide variety of people within and outside of the organisation during their career at Warner Bros. Discovery & Eurosport; therefore, excellent presentational and communication skills are essential.
- An understanding of the process and requirements of a sports production team
- Knowledge of JPEG 2000/ XS, H264/HEVC and NDI
- Knowledge of SMPTE 2022-7, 2110, NMOS and SDN s Knowledge of UHD, HDR and Dolby Atmos formats
- Knowledge of RF up-linking, satellite reception systems and technology.
- Previous experience in remote production
- Previous experience with deploying systems in AWS and GCP
- Previous experience with LTE contribution
- Previous experience with internet contribution ie. SRT/RIST/ZIXI
- Previous experience and use of SNMP monitoring systems, such as Dataminer
- Previous experience and use of routing and packaging systems, such as BNCS Previous experience in MCR operations and engineering
- Fluency in a European language, particularly French would be an advantage
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Broadcast Systems Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Broadcast Systems Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Broadcast Systems Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.