Overview: BI Developer – The Works – IT job vacancy in Birmingham recruiting now
Employer: The Works Stores PLC
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
BI Reporting DeveloperThe Works is a unique place to well work. We are a proactive and hardworking bunch. We ve built an environment that s busy, fast-moving and full of energy. Our atmosphere is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. If you are the kind of person who is as crafty, caring and can-do as we are, then this is the kind of culture for you.The short bit “About the Role”You will be part of anagile development team, assisting in creating and maintaining The Works BI& Reporting suite. This is an exciting opportunity as here at the workswe re just embarking on an overhaul of our existing reporting system. We recurrently moving some reports over to SSRS, but also utilising our GoogleBigQuery & Looker setup. Our work is in its infancy, so the successfulcandidate will have a fantastic opportunity to help craft our future BI &Reporting suite. We are looking for someone with strong SQL and Reportingskills.Some of the key responsibilities you will need to undertake:
- Take requirements provided by the business tothen design, develop, test and deploy software to meet the business s needs.
- Contribute through our Agile ceremonies ofstand-ups, backlog refinement, planning and retrospective sessions.
- Writing high quality SQL that will perform atscale.
- Database and Reporting Support
- Support legacy applications (classic ASP, legacyreporting)
- Perform and assist with Development Deployments
- Identify performance bottlenecks and to providepotential solutions
The bits we are looking for in you.
- Proficiency in T-SQL Databases
- Proficiency in SSRS
- Experience of SQL and database performancetuning including use of indexes and partitioning
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Proficiency at writing high quality code
- Proficiency with Source Control tools such asGit
- Experienced with RedGate tools
- Demonstrable experience adapting to and learningnew technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Troubleshooting Abilities
- Experience with supporting legacy applications
What we will give to you !
- 25% discount off our products in store!
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Holiday Purchase Scheme to increase your annual leave entitlement.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Free Car Parking.
- Charity Giving – Pennies from Heaven and Give as you Earn.
Finally, the bit “About The Works”
We are people who do!Here at The Works, we are building a working environment that s fun, friendly, and supportive – all at the same time. It s somewhere that s designed for people who love getting busy, whether that s helping customers, meeting new challenges, or building a rewarding career.It s a place for people who know how to roll their sleeves up, get creative, and put their passion and imagination to work People who do!We are the UK s leading family friendly retailer of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. With over 500 stores nationwide together with a brilliant online store, we re here to offer our customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality. You will find our stores in a huge and diverse range of locations; on high streets, in shopping centres, on retail parks, and as concessions (usually in garden centres). We are also one of the few value retailers with a full featured online store that helps our customers to shop how they want, when they want, 7 days a week.Oh….and we are super proud to be a Sunday Times 2020 Top 25 “Best Big Companies” to work for. It all means that we have built the kind of working environment that is the perfect place for people who love our products to build a career. It is somewhere you can put your proud and passionate, inclusive and accessible, confident and honest, fun and creative, and nimble and driven approach to work.And if you can roll up your sleeves, get on with any job, and meet any challenge, it s also somewhere you can thrive.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this BI Developer – The Works – IT job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this BI Developer – The Works – IT job vacancy in Birmingham with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this BI Developer – The Works – IT job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.