Overview: Android Software Developer job vacancy in Dorset recruiting now
Employer: BAE Systems
Location: Dorset, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Job title: Android Software Developer
Location: Christchurch. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Developing software solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adhering to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting system test and integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Familiarisation of mobile devices, networking appliances and supporting infrastructures.
- Experience in developing mobile apps for Android, using Kotlin or Java.
- Knowledge of connected technologies including HTTP, REST, JSON, SQL databases
- Experience of the software development lifecycle, preferably within the defence, communications or security sectors
- Demonstrable use of Unit testing using TDD or BDD
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence – C5ISR team:
This Android Software Developer role will offer you the opportunity to be part of a recently established project team based out of our Christchurch site, while providing customer support across the country. Using an agile approach, working closely with our customers and designers, you will develop Apps for Android mobile devices and military, supporting user trials and engagement sessions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Android Software Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Android Software Developer job vacancy in Dorset with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Android Software Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.