Overview: Android Engineer/Kotlin Mobile Developer job vacancy in Lancashire recruiting now
Ref: JSANDROID ENGINEER / KOTLIN MOBILE DEVELOPER
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
WHO IS CHALKBOARD?
We level the playing field for small businesses, independents and professionals, giving them the tools they need to win new customers and keep them coming back.
Our technology is mobile first, and so we develop native mobile apps for iOS and Android. Learn more at our website:
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We’re looking for a software engineer to work on our Android app (Kotlin). You’ll work alongside Back End engineers who will work on our GraphQL API, Back End, and our web apps as well as iOS engineers working with Swift.
A typical day could include:
- Writing and agreeing specifications with the Back End engineers
- Using Figma designs to implement UI
- Mentoring other mobile engineers
- Coding new features
- Monitoring and maintaining the application
- Providing code reviews
- Responding to issues, troubleshooting and bug fixing
- Ensuring good test coverage across the codebase
- Helping research and define new features with the Product/Design team
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years commercial experience
- 3+ years working with Kotlin
- 2+ years working with MVVM/MVVM-C
- 2+ years experience of working with dependency injection
- Expert knowledge of testing
- 1+ years working with GraphQL
- Experience of leading features
- Experience of mentoring developers
- Some devops experience
WHY JOIN US?
- We’re an early stage startup with a focus on technical quality. Our processes, tech stack, test suites and technical approach are solid and robust and we want you to help us keep it that way.
- We are financially secure and well funded – financed by our experienced founder with 2 successful exits within technology.
- Freedom with accountability – we trust our team. We’re flexible, independent, and know our teammates will always deliver.
- Be part of a genuine and rewarding mission – supporting local businesses around the world.
- Hybrid office/remote – approximately 1-2 days in office per week, remote for rest of week. Our base is at Beehive Lofts, Ancoats, Manchester.
- 25 days paid time off per year + your local holidays.
- Provided a MacBook Pro or choose your own with an allowance.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Written technical questions
- Intro call (15 minutes)
- Skills assessment – a short own-time challenge that takes no more than a few hours
- Full interview(s)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply without delay.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Android Engineer/Kotlin Mobile Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Android Engineer/Kotlin Mobile Developer job vacancy in Lancashire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Android Engineer/Kotlin Mobile Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.