Overview: 3rd Line Systems Engineer job vacancy in Leicestershire recruiting now
Employer: Iomart Limited
Location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 DOE
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of the iomart family, is it time for you to join us?
Currently in our 23rd year, the iomart Group continues to go from strength to strength. Having reached annual revenue of £100million and a team of over 400 people in 2019, we want to continue to build on our success. Over the next five years we have ambitious plans to double the size of our business, increasing our annual revenue to £200 million, and we need the best talent the industry has to offer to help us achieve this.
About the role:
Due to our continued growth we are looking for experienced and dynamic System Engineers to join our Support Team in Leicester. Working across a variety of different technologies and softwares, our System Engineers are responsible for resolving a wide range of customer issues, ensuring that a first class service is provided at all times.
The role of a System Engineer within iomart is extremely varied, with no two days the same. Within the role, our System Engineers take care of everything from server configuration and network support to managing backups and monitoring networks and servers, as well as managing tasks in our datacentre.
If you are looking for the next move in your career, want to work in a position that provides you with the opportunity to get experience using an unparalleled range of technologies and have a passion for problem solving we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate for the role will have/be:
- Experience working with Windows, Linux and VMWare
- Strong technical customer support or helpdesk experience
- Ability to take ownership of problems and find suitable solutions.
- Organised, reliable and highly motivated with great interpersonal skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, IIS, Active Directory
- Exposure to RedHat/CentOS/Debian/CloudLinux, Citrix, Hyper-V, KVM
- Good understanding of networking basics, OSI networking model
- Switch configurations RHCT and an MCSE/MCSA Server 2008/2012/2016 qualifications are desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience working within a datacentre is desirable but not essential
- Asigra Cloud Backup
- Zerto DR
What we can offer you:
- Exposure and access to cutting-edge technology as well as the opportunity to work alongside like-minded technical enthusiasts
- Supported training and development to help you progress within your career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Benefits scheme allowing you to select the benefits that suit your needs
- Holiday Trading Scheme – buy or sell part of your annual leave allowance
- Travel Loans – unsecured interest free travel loans to assist employees
- ShareSave/SAYE – buy shares in the company at a discounted rate
- Day off on your Birthday
- Long service benefits – additional annual leave and access to private healthcare
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this 3rd Line Systems Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this 3rd Line Systems Engineer job vacancy in Leicestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this 3rd Line Systems Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.