- CRM Planning Manager | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Reporting Analyst | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- CRM Planner | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Online Creative Designer | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
Database Administrator (DBA)
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Database Administrator (DBA)
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
Excellent + Free SkyQ + loads more!
|Job Level:|| |
Junior / Executive Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
As a Database Administrator you will be supporting multiple database technologies, primarily our online gaming platform running on IBM Informix, plus Oracle and PostgreSQL. We work within the DevOps culture at SB&G, using infrastructure as code principles and open source monitoring tools. DBAs work with and assist most technical teams in the business including Bet, Gaming, Core, MyAccount, BigData and SB&G Italia.
Training will be provided for any strong database administrator transferring to IBM Informix from another RDBMS. The right candidate will be be able to demonstrate strong skills in: relational databases and ensuring the continued stability, availability, recoverability and optimal performance of our key databases; or will have had some database exposure and be experienced in automating database or operating system tasks using the Infrastructure as Code model.
· 24x7 management of mission critical infrastructure including incident, investigation, remediation and change
· Represent the team and make technical decisions on the team's behalf
· Deliver automation solutions within the team in order to develop the Infrastructure as Code model
· Automation of database administration duties as required
· Ensuring that the database components are maintained with up to date and secure versions of software in accordance with policy, and the creation of automation workflows for these tasks
· Automating and extending the system monitoring capability across the estate, and help to expose pertinent information directly to service operations
· Supporting the operation of database software components in the test and production environments, working with the developers both internally and with third parties as necessary to resolve problems
· Ensure that we continue to improve our ability to comply with our internal, external, Gaming and PCI audit requirements
· Working closely and collaboratively with internal customers, service operations and external suppliers to provide efficient resolution of issues
· Ensuring that proactive action is taken to ensure sustainable availability, capacity, security and performance and deliver service improvements
· Working with suppliers and third parties to resolve incidents and implement new systems or improvements
· Delivering high quality processes & technical solutions on a wide range of technologies and business processes in a hands-on manner and in a timely fashion
· Assisting in formulating and implementing the database roadmaps
· Spreading knowledge of database technology throughout the business and our third parties
To be successful in this role you must have:
· Significant experience of automation and development of automated workflows
· Relevant degree or equivalent commercial experience
· Significant commercial experience of infrastructure engineering in a fast paced online business
· Experience of driving sustained and significant improvement in service availability and performance
· Experience in monitoring database systems, incident management & reporting
· Experience in automation of processes and procedures
· A careful approach to implementing changes, making use of appropriate test environments
· Excellent knowledge of relational database fundamental principles
· Experience of supporting a relational database system in a busy, mission critical, low downtime environment
· Willingness to cross-train onto our principal database platform, IBM Informix, if your experience lies with another RDBMS
· Excellent SQL skills plus procedural SQL languages like SPL, PL/SQL or TSQL
· Experience using database replication technologies
· Understanding of backup and recovery strategies
· Technical knowledge of Internet and networking technologies and protocols
· Knowledge of Red Hat Linux and, to a lesser extent, Windows server operating systems
Key technologies at Sky Betting and Gaming:
· IBM Informix
· Oracle database including Clusterware
· MS SQL Server
· Veritas Cluster Server (VCS)
· Symantec Netbackup
· Chef, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, Docker
· Ruby, Perl & Bash
· Linux (RedHat) & Windows
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
- UX Development ManagerEnderbyLead a group of Front-end Innovation Developers
- Head of ProgrammesLeedsResponsible for the delivery of strategic technical programmes spanning multiple Tribes & external delivery partners
- Marketing Campaign AnalystEnderbyShare our vision, enthusiasm and drive to help us move things forward.