- User Experience Researcher | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- InfraSec Project Manager | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- iOS Swift Developer | Hammersmith and Fulham | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- CRM Planner | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Project Manager - Creative Operations 12 month FTC | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
Senior Java Software Engineer
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Senior Java Software Engineer
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
excellent benefits and bonus
|Job Level:|| |
Junior / Executive Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, you will deliver first-class software solutions, which are secure, tested, perform well, and help provide a great customer experience. You'll be responsible for ensuring our customers get the best online gaming experience possible and that new customers can signup and start playing with the least possible fuss. Supporting processes including registration, login, payment and transactions we will deliver a system that is flexible, reliable, scalable and secure whilst handling daily traffic consisting of millions requests.
How will you be doing this
You'll be working with a wide range of technologies covering the full stack on platforms that are constantly evolving.
- Java application frameworks outside of the J2EE sphere is a strong advantage, for example Spring, Dropwizard and Play
- You should be able to demonstrate strong application design capabilities, and turn a brief into a fast, secure and maintainable application
- We value previous experience developing for high-traffic & high-availability environments
- We also expect candidates to:
- Be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Have an understanding of automated configuration management
- Offer real time support for their products
- Have interpersonal skills that allow them to work with colleagues in all positions
We're always looking to improve, so if you know how we can put some cool new tech to work then we'll be all ears.
What you'll have worked on in the last quarter
Delivery of Sky Betting and Gaming's next generation of highly available, high throughput (think thousands of requests per second), low latency services into production. Services that will underpin our rapidly growing customer base's core activities.
What day in the office looks like
Grab a cup of "posh" coffee and catch up with your team before the daily standup. Then get your head into the zone, working closely alongside the other engineers, testers and ops in your squad. When you need a break you can take a ride down our famous slide, or even have a game of table tennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7x_k7H55cI
What can we offer you:
Empowerment to make decisions and shape the way we do testing in the team and across the wider testing community. A culture where you are free to experiment - if you make a convincing pitch - no-one is going to say "no"
A team that will support you even when things don't work - it's ok to fail as long as we learn. Flexible working with a competitive salary and a bonus scheme where we share in the company's success as a team.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
- Head of ProgrammesLeedsResponsible for the delivery of strategic technical programmes spanning multiple Tribes & external delivery partners
- Marketing Campaign AnalystEnderbyShare our vision, enthusiasm and drive to help us move things forward.
- UX Development ManagerEnderbyLead a group of Front-end Innovation Developers