- CDD & RG Executive | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Marketing Campaign Analyst | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- Software Engineer in Test (Java, Scala, Ruby) | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Online Content Editor – International Websites | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- Health Service Manager - Covering Buckinghamshire, Berkshire & Oxfordshire | Berkshire | Clearwater People Solutions Ltd | Highly Competitive
DevOps Engineer (Linux, Chef, Ruby)
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
DevOps Engineer (Linux, Chef, Ruby)
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
|Job Level:|| |
Manager / Mid-Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
As a DevOps Engineer in the Gaming team at Sky Betting and Gaming you will be responsible for for the development and support of Sky Betting & Gaming's PaaS toolset. You will be an excellent communicator who is excited by technology, with an ability to communicate technical information to non-experts. You will be working closely with other areas of the business and third party suppliers, helping them translate business requirements into effective automation solutions.
- Responsible for reviews of platform code changes, approving or suggesting improvements to authors as appropriate
- Be an expert on the toolset. You will be working with Chef, Ruby, Test Kitchen, Jenkins, git, VMWare, AWS, Packer and Red Hat Linux.
- Own issues from initial diagnosis through to implementation of a fix
- Write and keep up to date documentation
- Work with other teams and third parties to translate requirements into implementation
- Identify areas where we can make efficiencies and avoid future workload by suggesting solutions that complement our existing tooling strategy
- Keep up to date with the latest open source technology and best practise, and suggest areas where new tools or practise can help the business achieve its goals
What can we offer you:
- A fantastic working environment where testing is not only valued, but testers are key drivers of a team's success
- Empowerment to make decisions and shape the way we do testing in the team and across the wider testing community
- A culture where you are free to experiment - if you make a convincing pitch - no-one is going to say "no"
- A team that will support you even when things don't work - it's ok to fail as long as we learn
- Flexible working with a competitive salary and a bonus scheme where we share in the company's success as a team
To find out more about our Gaming Tribe have a look at the following video:
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.