- CDD & RG Executive | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Digital Developer (Web / Drupal) | Hull | Hull City Council | 30,000 to 39,999
- Digital Marketing Manager | Wokingham | Leaders | 40,000 to 49,000
- Online Creative Designer | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- Digital Designer (Mobile / Native Apps) | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
Service Lifecycle Release Manager
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Service Lifecycle Release Manager
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
|Job Level:|| |
Junior / Executive Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
A Service Lifecycle Release Manager in Enterprise Services is responsible for continuously improving the service availability levels of our Enterprise Service products: Workday, IaM, Cherwell, Interact and liaising with other 3rd parties that provide services to the Enterprise Services and IT area such as Slack and Microsoft. Working in partnership with their peers they will reduce outstanding or future service risks, manage in-flight incidents and a post-mortem, (report to glean insight from service metrics). Manage change control and release management processes within the department.
Who are you?
- You thrive when working on Incidents command & post-mortems. You are comfortable taking charge of in-flight incident command and control including out of hours (on an on-call rota if required).
- You are comfortable being responsible for appropriately communicating the problem to both engineering teams and senior management and coordinating in-house engineering teams and 3rd parties to resolve issues as and when they arise.
- You are skilled at running Post Incident Reviews (PIR) on any significant incident and ensuring any necessary future mitigations are actioned.
- You can manage the reporting and insight on the data platform service availability. This includes service available metrics, incident response metrics like MTTR, and incident volume metrics like MTBF. Insight from this data should be used to drive appropriate actions to improve service levels and relationships with 3rd parties.
- You govern the risk of both re-occurrence and known weaknesses that haven't hit yet. This includes future failure or capacity risks, and the SLRM will be involved in the design phase of delivery to allow them to highlight and mitigate weaknesses, and ensure appropriate forward capacity planning and resilience testing.
- You work with the relevant area's and Engineering Managers to ensure appropriate change management occurs in a high-frequency release agile environment. All releases for relevant products will need to be coordinated in such a fashion that all risk is mitigated before releasing the necessary change into production.
- You plan all releases in to an overall schedule that allows each area impacted to understand the risk and the actual change being implemented into live while liaising with projects change and BAU change areas within Enterprise Services so all impacts are understood to the various connected systems. You will be the Enterprise Services representative on the Change Advisory Board.
What you've done?
- You will have previous experience in a service/change management role, working with 3rd party suppliers and managing internal facing systems. Familiarity with service management software like Service Now, Cherwell Graphite, OpsView is an advantage.
- You will have extensive experience working with internal development teams working in an agile environment and managing large scale customer facing websites is desirable.
- You will be pro-active with energy and drive for continuous improvement and have a focus on delivering results.
- You will be expected to be an excellent communicator with the ability to relate technical issues in simplistic and meaningful way to colleagues and 3rd parties.
What can we offer you:
- A fantastic working environment
- Empowerment to make decisions and shape the way we work
- A culture where you are free to experiment - if you make a convincing pitch - no-one is going to say "no"
- A team that will support you even when things don't work - it's ok to fail as long as we learn
- Flexible working with a competitive salary and a bonus scheme where we share in the company's success as a team
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.