- UX Research Manager | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- Lead DevOps Engineer | Sheffield | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Senior Marketing Insight Analyst | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- Project Manager - Creative Operations 12 month FTC | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Scrum Master - Core Tribe | Sheffield | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
Senior Software Engineer - PHP
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Senior Software Engineer - PHP
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
|Job Level:|| |
Manager / Mid-Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
At SB&G a tribe is a collection of loosely coupled autonomous teams of 7-10 people. In the Gaming Tribe one such team is the Gaming Promotions Squad in search of a Senior Software Engineer. Easy, exciting promotional mechanics are key to the success of entertainment products like www.skyvegas.com and www.skycasino.com. This squad is at the cutting edge of our efforts to provide real-time promotional decisioning, fulfillment and API's at scale. Doing this for products with daily stakes over 2 million pounds and 100s of transactions a second is hard, especially when those promotions return real cash to our customers. Making a mistake can be expensive!
Who are you?
- For you, engineering means more than authoring quality, tested code. It includes the end-to-end delivery pipeline; code driven deployment infrastructure; automated test safety nets; and effective operational instrumentation and incident response.
- You are comfortable working in an architectural domain, at ease at a whiteboard debating system design with the squad's Solution Architect. You are an expert in sustainable software architecture, but don't gold plate or prematurely abstract for a re-use that never materialises.
- You are comfortable as a mentor to your fellow engineers, who often ask you for advice and guidance. You're a team player, who works collaboratively to achieve the shared squad goals. You are unafraid to challenge aspects outside your direct remit - whatever that is --and passionately champion 'the right thing'.
What you've done…
- You have worked with an application at scale, ideally in a micro-services like architecture. You know the challenges that come with async service design using message queue technology such as Kafka or RabbitMQ. You've used a variety of datastore technologies like MySQL or Couchbase.
- You have previous operational experience. It might not have been at the coal face, but you understand the importance of instrumentation, good alert design and fabulous logs. Ideally you will have been part of an on-call response team.
- Experience in the gambling industry is not essential, most of your colleagues are here because of the interesting technology challenge rather than a love of online gaming. But you will have worked on a product where you obsessed about your customers.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.