- Contact Centre Team Manager (German Speaking) | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Project Analyst | Horsham | Clearwater People Solutions Ltd | Salary not specified
- Health Service Manager - Covering Buckinghamshire, Berkshire & Oxfordshire | Berkshire | Clearwater People Solutions Ltd | Highly Competitive
- Software Engineers - International Tribe | Sheffield | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Software Engineer in Test (Java, Scala, Ruby) | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
Highways Interface Manager
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Highways Interface Manager
|Company Name:|| |
|Salary Band:|| |
|Job Level:|| |
Manager / Mid-Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
|Closing Date:|| |
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest civil engineering project - to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
As part of Network Operations the Wales route is accountable for the delivery of the railway. Our business units - 'routes' - work closely with our customers, and are accountable and responsible for improving customer service, safety, and performance, as well as providing a value for money railway. Brief Description
As Highways Interface Manager you will lead and manage work-flow, customer relationships and line management duties for Highways Interface issues. Specify requirements to comply with relevant legislation where it impacts upon Network Rail activities. Provide specialist technical advice in the management of highways interface activities. About the role (External)
The key accountabilities of the role are summarised as follows:
1. Lead and Manage highways interface formal notifications for a defined geographical area.
2. Process statutory notifications to relevant local authorities, street works undertakers, and other bodies for all Network Rail activities that have a highway interface.
3. Manage and control the street works management system in accordance with national processes, populate systems with data.
4. Liaise with highway authorities, statutory undertakers and public utilities as required, and advise on attendance at highway authorities' coordination meetings, where necessary. Represent Network Rail at regional highway authority and utility committee (HAUC) meetings.
5. Manage the interface with local Authorities on the introduction and application of chargeable Permits required for Network Rail works.
6. Validation on Fixed Penalty fines made against the Route and management of process where Network Rail works were undertaken in accordance with New Road and Streetworks regulations.
7. Determine and populate street 'designations' to protect Network Rail's interests in the national street gazetteer (NSG).
8. Manage and action all external electronic notifications in order that the business disbenefits are minimised and opportunities maximised.
9. Provide advice internally and externally on the Network Rail's management and delivery of highways interface activities including advice on Network Rail's notification procedure and timescales.
10. Support the development of, and deliver, awareness briefings and training on the legislative requirements and Network Rail's processes for highways interfaces
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• BTEC or equivalent qualification
• Significant experience in street works management in an appropriate environment
• Significant knowledge of New Roads and Street Works legislation, associated codes of practice
• Substantial information technology skills
• Membership of a relevant professional body
• Significant knowledge of public, common, contractual and railway legislation affecting street works
• Significant communication skills.
• Knowledge of abnormal loads legislation and associated codes of practice.
• Experience in abnormal loads management in an appropriate environment.
• Awareness of railway infrastructure and its functionality.
• Good railway and geographical knowledge.
Salary: . Date posted: 29/12/2016