- Commercial Gaming Analyst | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Solution Architect - Bet Customer Tribe | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- CRM Innovation Analyst | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Digital Marketing Director | UK | C4Media | Highly Competitive
- Search Engine Optimisation Manager (SEO) | London | Barclays | Highly Competitive
Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
excellent benefits and bonus
|Job Level:|| |
Manager / Mid-Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What does a Platform / DevOps Engineer do at Sky Betting and Gaming?
The delivery of Sky Betting and Gaming's next generation of highly available, high throughput (think thousands of requests per second), low latency services into production. Services that will underpin our rapidly growing customer base's core activities.
So who are the Core Tribe?
Working in the Core Tribe at SBG is one of the most challenging and fun. We manage payments and SSO for all SBG products and when we go down everything goes down. From scaling up systems to thousands of requests per second while still maintaining response times in the milliseconds while simultaneously introducing new first to market products such as Apple Pay.
Key to our ethos is teamwork both the Devs & Ops guys are on call together. Between the teams we ride the wave balancing delivering cool new features and ensuring stability where a mistake can cost millions in minutes
If you join us, you'll:
* Be on-call sometimes 24x7 for the main sites and applications
* Support internal development, test environments and help the devs
* Own the release of internal code and push out config changes
* Help automate things and bring older systems and processes forward
* Be a guardian of code quality, helping the devs to make not just good features, but good systems
* Set up monitoring for everything in sight - if it moves, graph it
* Be a point of contact into Operations for various teams
Can you fix our problem?
We're looking for a developer with sys-admin war stories, or a sys-admin who can get into the code up to their elbows. Mainly you need to know your stuff.
Data management - SQL, NoSQL, size, performance - these are mere details; you can make the data dance and the engine hum.
Code - you can branch, code, test, (code, test, code, test…), commit and deploy across a complex estate on just one cup of coffee.
Scaling - you can take a server's temperature, read a load-balancer, you know when to throw tin at it and when to go back to the code.
Automation - you understand the quandary of Chef vs Puppet, and you've had to choose; you know Jenkins' little foibles; your bash skills are strong.
Source - you have a favourite source-control system, a least favourite and the one you love to hate, but mainly you can handle the codebase no matter the size.
Systems - you know your Linux, know your sar from your iostat, you can nurse a sick server back to health in the wee small hours and find out how to make a given application fly…
Experience - whether you've been there and done that or are relatively junior, you've learned from every twist and turn and never tire of new things.
Systems we use
We want you to help manage the LAMP stack but there's other things too - Couchbase, Redis, kafka, RabbitMQ and Tomcat. There's a lot of internally-written systems.
We use Chef, Graphite, Nagios, NewRelic, Splunk, Hadoop, Riverbed Stingrays. Where we need raw power and low latency we use our datacentres when we need flexibility and agility we use AWS.
We're a RHEL/CentOS house.
Nosy at the office..
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
- CRM Innovation AnalystLeedsPart of the CRM, Strategy & Insight and Core Data teams
- Media Planning ExecutiveNottinghamResponsible for managing the media buying & leading on campaign management
- Search Engine Optimisation Manager (SEO)LondonAchieve digital commercial engagement with our customers