- Product Manager | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Designer (9 month contract) | London | DesignStudioPeople | 30,000 to 39,999
- Traffic Director | Liverpool | V Media Global | 20,000 to 29,999
- Service Desk Analyst - 2nd Line Support | Woking | Clearwater People Solutions Ltd | Salary not specified
- Graphic Designer / Photographer | London | SL Resources | 20,000 to 29,999
Head of Technology - Bet Customer Tribe
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Head of Technology - Bet Customer Tribe
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
excellent benefits and bonus
|Job Level:|| |
Senior Manager / Director
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The Head of Technology (Bet Customer Tribe) is responsible for the end-to-end delivery and 24/7 support of software products and services that are for the SkyBet websites and mobile applications.
You will matrix manage a team of business analysts, architects, developers and testers, whilst working closely with product owners, marketing, finance, 3rd party software providers and other tribes to prioritise, plan and deliver high quality solutions.
The role will set direction for their tribe's needs for the Technical Operations Management team that reports to Platforms and Operations Tribe. The ideal candidate will have significant experience within an agile environment, using Scrum and Kanban methodologies. You will also have excellent communication and relationship building skills to support our evolution towards a tribal setup akin to the Spotify model, i.e. Squads, Tribes, Chapters & Guilds.
The Bet Customer tribe is responsible for the end-to-end provision of high quality; secure IT services that are for the SkyBet websites and mobile applications.
The tribe is organised into several areas:
- Web Experience Squads X 3/4. The website applications that make up the majority of the customer experience across all sports and services.
- Client Squad X 1. The native application squad that supports all free to play games, affiliates and SkyBet across iOS, Android and Windows (testing only).
- Bet and Customer Transaction Squads X 2/3. The transaction squads that look after bet placement, cash out and all customer related data for services to the front-end.
- Work with the Operational Manager within your tribe to ensure strong focus is maintained for service quality and value stream #1 - the things we have already created.
- Support rotas are in place for applications and operations, including Incident Command for this role.
- Using Error budgets and Growth Trends for Key Technical services identify problem areas in our Lean Value Tree and position the deliverables with the Lead Product Manager for your tribe.
- Manage third party software/service providers to ensure products are fit for purpose, are delivered to a high quality and represent value for money.
- Advocate the right metrics for tribe - (technology KPIs) velocity, quality and service delivery and ensure technical reporting is issues to key stakeholders.
- Work with product and marketing stakeholders to agree, prioritise the roadmap for your tribe using the Lean Value Tree. Do this in a clear, consistent and transparent way based on appropriate criteria, e.g. WSJF, and show technical and product benefits.
- Ensure Delivery Management focus is maintained and work with team to highlight issues, dependencies and risks to plans and give effective reporting of progress.
- Looking at the value stream 2, new things, work with team to ensure fit for purpose Engineering practices are used to have single pipelines for each technical service / product team within the tribe.
- Manage the requirements, design, development, quality and release of software solutions.
- Ensure quality throughout the delivery lifecycle using the technology principles as a guide.
Strategy & Communication
- Effective communication of the roadmap and progress against the 3 year business plans, include the technology strategy objectives to your tribe and other stakeholders.
- Lead the Next Generation UI technical programme and ensure tribe updates on purpose and progress is maintained.
Governance & Planning
- Ensure effective management of internal & external risk, threats are appropriately prioritised within your tribe.
- Be an advocate for the Platform Fit for Purpose business goal within your tribe.
- Ensure Technology decisions and presented within the Bet Tribe P&L Technology Steering Group highlighting trade-offs and benefits against the 3-year objectives.
- Work with the Director of Sports Betting Technology on Bet Technology Cost Centre for the P&L, to identify both areas for cost reduction and opportunities for increased investment.
- Contract renewals for technical services within the tribe.
- Ensure appropriate ratios of contractor to perm staff.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.