- Technical Solution Architect | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Digital Content Editor | Bristol | Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) | 20,000 to 29,999
- Digital Communities Manager | London | Asthma UK | 40,000 to 49,000
- User Experience Researcher | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
Solution Architect - Bet Customer Tribe
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Solution Architect - Bet Customer Tribe
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
excellent benefits and bonus
|Job Level:|| |
Manager / Mid-Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The Bet Customer tribe is responsible for the end-to-end provision of high quality; secure IT services that are for the SkyBet websites and mobile applications.
The tribe is organised into several areas:
- Web Experience Squads X 3/4. The website applications that make up the majority of the customer experience across all sports and services.
- Client Squad X 1. The native application squad that supports all free to play games, affiliates and SkyBet across iOS, Android and Windows (testing only).
- Bet and Customer Transaction Squads X 2/3. The transaction squads that look after bet placement, cash out and all customer related data for services to the front-end.
The Solutions Architect role within the Bet Customer Tribe is responsible for:
- Carrying out light-weight assessments of significant product changes in order to identify and agree technical approach and impact
- Defining, agreeing and documenting technical requirements / product attributes
- Driving technical decision making
- Providing guidance to squads
- Governing changes all the way through to Live and beyond
- Helping to define the architectural strategy for the Tribe, and steering technical decision making and prioritisation to make it happen
- Maintaining a knowledge of relevant updates and trends in IT
Lead the delivery of technical solutions
- Producing technical documentation for systems and changes as needed, and keep them up to date.
- Working closely with Product Managers and other stakeholders to clarify, suggest and negotiate functional and non-functional requirements.
- Working closely with Programme Manager to identify dependencies, risks and rough timescales
- Working closely with Architecture Chapters and Guilds, and other senior technical people to ensure that architectural principles are sound and being followed, and that the direction of travel takes us closer to our architectural strategy.
- Working closely with the relevant squads and technical stakeholders to agree technical decisions and produce or ratify high level designs.
- Working with 3rd parties to understand their capabilities and limitations and to design reliable integrations that deliver business requirements.
- Working closely with the relevant people in order to deliver the defined business value in a way that manages risk, minimises technical debt, and delivers a simple and effective architecture.
- Understanding Development, Test and Production environment requirements.
- Creating specifications for 3rd party builds
- Ensuring designs can be implemented and are cost effective.
- Supporting the selection of technology solutions and providers.
Provide technical leadership throughout the project lifecycle
- Providing technical consultancy and acting as the escalation point for technical issues within the project.
- Providing advice and guidance, and arbitrating between internal and external delivery teams to ensure solutions comply with the high level design.
- Managing technical risk, and defining and leading technical risk mitigation.
- Supporting the definition and maintenance of technical standards and ensuring project adherence to those standards
- Performing technical Quality Assurance on all proposals for changes to the technical environment to ensure compliance with standards and consistency with the overall technical architecture and strategy.
- Providing input to the test planning process and ensure solutions are testable.
- Providing steer and guidance on Non-Functional testing requirements and approaches.
- Jointly planning the technical implementation and deployment.
Methods and relationships
- To identify and propose enhancements to existing services and processes on an on going basis in order to continually improve service levels.
- To build effective relationships across Technology and other business areas within SB&G.
Support the Architecture Community, as required
- To work with the other Architects to understand future demand for SB&G services.
- Produce the High Level Architecture for new Business Cases where required.
- Undertake research and development activities with new technologies as needed to determine how these can be used to support the business objectives.
- Keeping up to date with developments within the market, particularly those technologies being deployed within SB&G.
- Carrying out and documenting structured evaluations of technologies and products, which may be of future use within the company.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better. And we want you to be part of it.