- Marketing Campaign Analyst | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- Lead DevOps Engineer | Sheffield | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Developer | Warrington | CiiVSOFT | Highly Competitive
- CRM Analyst | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- International Risk Executive | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
Senior Java Software Engineer
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Senior Java Software Engineer
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
excellent benefits and bonus
|Job Level:|| |
Junior / Executive Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Placed in a small squad of fellow engineers including test and ops you will be involved in the full lifecycle of new products from inception through to their support in production, you may even get to write some code as well.
What you'll have worked on in the last quarter
Delivery of Sky Betting and Gaming's next generation of highly available, high throughput (think thousands of requests per second), low latency services into production. Services that will underpin our rapidly growing customer base's core activities.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, you will deliver first-class software solutions, which are secure, tested, perform well, and help provide a great customer experience.
Working in a small team with other developers, operations and test engineers you will play a proactive part in designing, implementing and owning our new back-end customer account platform.
Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of software delivery, coding practices, application quality and agile processes.
- You will need to demonstrate very high levels of skill in the Java programming language it's libraries and runtimes
- Experience with Java application frameworks outside of the J2EE sphere is a strong advantage, for example Spring, Dropwizard and Play
- You should be able to demonstrate strong application design capabilities, and turn a brief into a fast, secure and maintainable application
- We value previous experience developing for high-traffic & high-availability environments
What don't we want?
We don't want to build a monolithic Enterprise Java app, think microservices and a lean approach with quick running tests and deployment. If that's not your bag look away now. This isn't a big corporate company, this project is taking a start-up approach where the team will make things happen themselves, if you prefer corporate it's not for you.
- DeveloperWarringtonShowcase your passion for great software design
- Head of ProgrammesLeedsResponsible for the delivery of strategic technical programmes spanning multiple Tribes & external delivery partners
- Head of Digital MarketingEnderbyWe wrote the book, can you help us write the next chapter?