- Software Engineer (Node.JS, PHP, React, MySQL) | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- UX Research Manager | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- InfraSec Project Manager | Leeds | Sky Betting & Gaming | Highly Competitive
- Marketing Campaign Analyst | Enderby | Next | Highly Competitive
- PPC Specialist - Client side | Surrey | Step Ahead Recruitment Ltd | 30,000 to 39,999
Lead Software Engineer (Node.JS)
Vacancy has expired
|Job Reference:|| |
|Job Title:|| |
Lead Software Engineer (Node.JS)
|Salary Band:|| |
|Salary Details:|| |
Excellent + Free SkyQ + loads more!
|Job Level:|| |
Manager / Mid-Level
|Job Type:|| |
|Location / Region:|| |
YORKSHIRE & HUMBER
|Closing Date:|| |
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What do we expect from you?
We are expanding our in-house engineering capability in the Bet-Trading Tribe, and we need a very strong technical lead, with line management experience in an Agile environment.
Join one of the most exciting tech teams in Leeds and lead a multi-disciplinary squad to success. We have a busy three-year roadmap that we need you to deliver.
Work with the latest technologies on the Skybet.com sports trading platform
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem - we have many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you'll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers
You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. We believe we have a strong culture and we want you to be a part of it
How you'll do it
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Take responsibility for the management and learning & development of engineers
- Coach engineers at all levels on technical and non-technical facets
- Work with the Engineering Manager to recruit the best engineers for your team
- Own the technical output of your squad; be the leader of non-functional quality
- Engage with product teams on forward planning and drive team focus on delivery goals and value
- Lead by example on transparent communication, ensuring that business expectations are always set realistically
- Create, maintain and uphold the SDLC, and drive improvements to working practices
- Lead on inceptions and elaboration of work
- Contribute to HLDs, roadmap planning, defining and documenting software architecture for your services
- Play a part in organisational change; evaluate that your team structure is fit for purpose
How we work
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a good level of interpersonal skill is important to us
- We are not building a monolithic Enterprise app - think micro-services and a lean approach with quick running tests and deployment. This should be something you're passionate about too
- You will need to demonstrate good levels of skills in Node.JS, and be comfortable with techniques such as message queues, data stores and know what makes a good RESTful API
- Data features heavily and you should appreciate there are many storage patterns, knowing the strengths and weaknesses when compared to traditional relational databases
- You will be happy to pick up code in other languages, especially those in the open source web development arena; React for example
- We expect candidates to be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- We value previous experience developing for high-demand & high-availability environments
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.